Early Childhood Screening
Each Spring, the Chillicothe R-II School District offers free developmental assessments that are appropriate for all children, ages 3 months to 4 years old, residing in District. If you are intterested in a screening appointment, please call the Early Learning Center office at 660-240-3316 for more information.
Preschool Screenings, for children already ages 3 & 4*, include:
- Hearing, Vision, and Health Screening
- Speech Assessment
- Developmental Screening
Preschool screenings take approximately one hour. Parents stay at the school during this time. Parents must bring the following documents for their child to the appointment.:
- Current immunization record
- Official state-issued birth certificate
- Proof of residency (Current utility bill, lease or rental contract, payroll check, W-4, or property tax receipt).
*Children must be 3 years old by their screening appointment date.
Early Childhood Screenings, given by Parents As Teachers educators, are appropriate for children ages 3 to 36 months. These screenings include:
- Language, motor and social development
- Health record, brief hearing & vision check