Attention Parents and Students:
Due to global concerns regarding a possible pandemic, Chillicothe High School believes it is in the best interest of students to develop a plan for students to continue learning at home if the district or state implements a school closure for Influenza or COVID-19.
If/when classes are canceled due to Influenza or COVID-19 and the Flexible Learning Day plan occurs, families would receive an email from their building principal to alert parents and students of the implementation of the Flexible Learning Day plan.
While there might be some classwork to be completed on a device, much of the day would be intended to have learners complete activities that are NOT on devices. Student work online will not exceed 3.5 hours per Flexible Learning Day (with the exception of Dual Credit coursework).
Chillicothe High School students (grades 9-12) will receive their assignments through Google Classroom that their teachers utilize or through school email.
If your child does not have internet access at home, please check with your child to make sure that he/she has spoken with Dr. Watkins regarding an alternate plan. If your child has not spoken with Dr. Watkins regarding an alternate plan, you are encouraged to contact your child’s counselor so that a hard copy/packet of work can be collected and mailed to your home.
Freshman/Sophomore Counselor-Mrs. Ellen Tsikoyak firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior/Senior Counselor-Mrs. Buffy Tipton email@example.com
As always, students/families are encouraged to contact their classroom teacher or building administrator if you have any questions regarding assignments.
Mr. Dan Nagel, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Jill Watkins, Assistant Principal email@example.com
Below, are the student expectations for Flexible Learning Days. The Flexible Learning Plan also includes teacher, administrator, counselor, and librarian expectations. You may access the entire document here.
The student expectations are below:
- Log on to Google Classroom and email at 8:30am each school day.
- Check into each of your classes to determine your learning for the day.
- Organize your learning based upon the assigned lessons.
- Reach out to peers and teachers if you have questions.
- Email teachers with questions or concerns. Teachers will be available from 9:00am-10:30am each school day to answer questions.
- Complete and submit assignments during the day.
- Complete your work within two days. If you cannot meet that deadline, communicate with teachers to establish an acceptable timeline.
- Note: Dual Credit courses will have specified timelines accounting to the course syllabus expectations. In addition, Dual Credit coursework may exceed 30 minutes per course per day.
You may also access the Q&A doc that answers commonly asked questions here.